Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Poster Guidlines and Tips
- Who is your audience?
- What are the goals for your poster?
- What visuals (maps, charts, images, etc.) can you find or create?
- How can your content be logically grouped and organized?
- Use this UNC Worksheet to plan out your content.
- Group contents into chunks of 4-6 items.
- Limit amount of text and include multiple graphical elements.
- Limit number of fonts and font sizes.
- Limit number of colors and choose complimentary colors.
- Make sure there is good contrast between text and background colors.
Further Resources - Review these guides from other institutions for further tips.
Microsoft PowerPoint is an easy and effective way to create your poster layout. PowerPoint poster templates are available from a wide variety of sources, including the following. Templates can also be uploaded to your Google Dive and exported to Google Slides.