If you want to transfer the saved answers and alerts from SciFinder to the current version SciFinder-n, contact the science librarian.
For tutorials about using SciFinder-n, see SciFinderⁿ Training.
See the next page for SciFinder-n set-up instructions and other information.
Below are allowable use guidelines.
Note that references below to SciFinder below should now be to SciFinder-n, which has replaced Scifinder:
"SciFinder® may be used for Academic Research ONLY. Use of SciFinder for Commercial Research is strictly prohibited.
As a SciFinder Named User, I acknowledge the following:
• I am a current faculty, staff member, or officially registered student of the academic institution through which I am accessing SciFinder.
• I will search only for myself and use SciFinder ONLY for my own Academic Research at my academic institution.
• I will not use SciFinder for Commercial Research or for organizations other than my academic institution.
• I have been assigned a unique username and password and will not share my username or password with any other person.
• I will not use any automated program or script for extracting and downloading SciFinder data, or any other systematic retrieval of data from SciFinder.
• I may retain a maximum of 5,000 Records at any given time for my own Academic Research use or to share within a Project team for the duration of the Project.
• My academic institution’s SciFinder License, the CAS Information Use Policies, and additional terms and conditions located under the “Legal” link in SciFinder (collectively “Terms & Conditions”) apply to my use of SciFinder.
Violations of the Terms & Conditions may result in termination of my SciFinder access.
I will contact my SciFinder Key Contact or the CAS Customer Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) if I have any questions regarding my use of SciFinder."
Also: note that patentability research and searches performed with the intention of delivering results outside of Lehigh University are not allowed. Likewise, the distribution of CAS data by assignment, sale, sublicense, loan, or other means to an unauthorized user is prohibited. (Adapted from a letter from CAS dated October 2004).
Contact Brian Simboli if you have questions.