Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Resources for papers
This guide will help you identify scholarly resources relevant to the literature searching, presenting, and discussing in BioS 401.
Identifying excellent informational sources takes some time and patience but reaps many rewards, including more focused research a knowledge of background literature, .and possibly also avoidance of duplicating work already done.
PAGES IN THIS LIBRARY GUIDE:
- Library tutorials: view these to learn basics about using background/reference resources plus searching for literature
- Reference Resources: provides resources helpful if you need to find the meaning of scientific terms or for general background information
- Find Scholarly Articles: identifies some databases you can use to locate articles
- Citing and Plagiarism: gives links to footnoting information and how to avoid plagiarism; RefWorks
- Research impact: ways to enhance the impact of your published research
- Setting up Literature Alerts: how to maintain current awareness in your field
- Additional Resources: writing review articles; avoiding re-invention; data curation; poster sessions
, Earth & Environmental Sciences
, Environmental Studies
, Science, Technology, & Society