Below are resources relevant to completing your paper. If you have any questions about using library resources for your assignment, contact info for the science librarian is to the right.
1. A place to go for a general overview of resources, plus lots of tutorials about researching writing a paper (including footnoting, evaluating webpages, etc.) is this webpage. See the online demos for a refresher about relevant resources.
2. Here are some useful resources for your assignments; these are available off the library's list of databases:
- ASA This is Lehigh's online library catalog.
- Access Science This is an online encyclopedia and dictionary; good background on a scientific term before looking at journal papers.
- Research Library Provides wide coverage of various subject areas.
- Web of Science Include coverage of sciences, social sciences, and humanities. Enables user to find other citing articles, as well as cited articles.
- GeoRef Major database providing citations and abstracts for geological sciences.
- CQ Researcher Examines controversial issues.
- Annual Reviews Online Source of review articles about a subject; good way to get an overview of a field and identify bibliography.
- WorldCat This publicly accessible resource is a great way to look up books and other materials not held at Lehigh. You can use PALCI to order books held by other institutions.
Library & Technology Services
E.W. Fairchild Martindale
8A East Packer Avenue
Bethlehem, PA 18015-3170
(610) 758-5003; E-mail: email@example.com