Labor Market/Output/Capital stock
For your project, you will be asked to locate economic and financial information about the following economic variables:
- Labor market
- Capital stock
Generally, the required information is for countries, not for industries. However, students may choose a country, industry, sector, state, firm, etc. Most will choose a country. The only exception is that you may not choose the Unites States. In the case of the United States, a student may choose only a sector or market, not the entire country. After making a choice, the students must locate the information in a "time series." The time period is between 10-12 periods (15 would be much better.) Generally speaking, the time period is the year, but quarterly data is ok if approved by Professor King.
Each type of information can be located in at least one resource. Listed below are resources that the Library has which can provide answers to the above.
- Labor market: International Financial Statistics (332.05 I61is/FM-1-REF)
- Output: International Financial Statistics (332.05 I61is/FM-1-REF)
- Capital Stock: National Account Statistics: Main Aggregates (339.3 U589ya/FM-1-Ref)
Other resources include:
- Jorgenson, Dale Weldeau. Productivity and U.S. economic growth Cambridge, MASS: Harvard University Press, 1987. 338.06 J82p. Covers the time period from 1948-1979 in the United States.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Survey of Current Business
- Business Statistics of the United States Current editions of this title are now available in e-book format.
- S&P Net Advantage This database can be used for company information.