Welcome To RefWorks
RefWorks: Your Online Personal Database and Bibliography Creator
RefWorks is a web-based personal database and bibliography service fully integrated with library collections and systems and with word processors including MS-WORD. RefWorks@Lehigh is accessible anytime, anywhere and can be used in collaborative ways for class work or by research teams.
New and Improved Write-N-Cite for Windows and MAC Operating Systems now available!
To install Write-N-Cite (released Spring 2012) for a single user for the first time:
[Note: if your computer does not have JAVA installed, then download it for free from www.java.com and install it BEFORE installed Write-N-Cite.]
- Close Microsoft WORD if running; Do not install Write-N-Cite with Microsoft Word running.
- Login to your RefWorks@Lehigh accout
- Go to the Tools menu
- Select Write-N-Cite
- RefWorks appears to "know" you are on a PC or MAC
- Click the DOWNLOAD (green button) to get the WnC4Install.dmg file
- On that save screen you will see a very long login code. You may copy and paste it when you start up WORD OR you may use a combination of the Lehigh Group Code, RWLEHIGHUN and your RefWorks user name and password to stay logged into your RefWorks account while using your WORD account
- Save the dmg file, then click on it to start the install
- By default, Write-N-Cite will install a toolbar in Word for easy launching of the software. You will see the RefWorks toolbar on in MS-WORD from now on.
- Start WORD. As long as you do not log out of your RefWorks@Lehigh while in WORD your database of citations will remain accessible to you anytime you
"fire up" WORD.
RefWorks 2.0, a new streamlined interface for RefWorks, has been released. Notice in a new "Quick Access" bar on the right there are links to free webinars and help. We welcome your questions and comments. An online demo of RefWorks 2.0 is here. During fall 2011 a transition to RW 2.0 as the default will be made with Classic "retired" in 2012.
REFWORKS@LEHIGH GOES MOBILE!
Your library on RefWorks@Lehigh can now be viewed on your mobile device. With the launch of RefMobile, a "lite" version of RefWorks is accessible from a mobile device such as a iPhone, iTouch or Blackberry. You can add to your collections of citations while at a lecture, during a meeting with your advisor, while attending a conference, or from anywhere you carry your mobile device.
Click here for ten reasons to use RefMobile.
Here's an example of using RefMobile: While autism expert Dr. Geraldine Dawson was lecturing at Lehigh, she mentioned a study using an analysis of home movies to identify the onset of childhood disintegrative disorders. Using the "SmartAdd" feature, a Lehigh librarian was able to retrieve and add a citation and abstract from PubMed for that study to a RefWorks@Lehigh library while continuing to listen to the lecture. In addition to using the SmartAdd feature to build your library on the fly, you can view/manage folders and add notes.