- Gather keywords when you perform background research
- Use both keywords and index terms when searching
- Use Boolean operators to broaden (OR) or narrow (AND, NOT) your search
- Use wildcards to truncate search terms (often *) in order to capture search results with variations on a word stem (e.g. biomechanic*)
- Quickly review the "Help" resources for the database you are searching
Journals frequently used at Lehigh University in chemical/bioengineering research.
These magazines feature short, less jargon-laden articles, and are written for practicioners in core and related fields. If you're still sorting through topic ideas, magazines are a good place to start looking.